3,000 Lose Power After Vehicle Hits Pole In Springdale
More than 3,000 electric customers in and around Springdale lost power Friday afternoon following a traffic crash involving a power pole, according to Ozarks Electric Cooperative.
A vehicle struck a pole shortly after noon on Dodd Mountain Road, near Old Missouri Road, according to the electric company. At the peak of the outage, 3,133 households in the area were without power because of the crash. Those customers’ power has since been restored, according to Ozarks Electric’s outage map on its website.
“The pole that was struck remains standing, though the equipment attached to the pole sustained significant damage,” according to a statement released Friday afternoon by the power company.
All power was restored by around 2:30 p.m.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Seven Departments Respond to Large House Fire in Sebastian County