Car-Processing Facility Catches Fire At USA Metal In Lowell
Local crews responded Thursday afternoon to a fire at USA Metal in Lowell, where flames engulfed part of a building, causing a cloud of smoke to billow into the sky, according to emergency crews called to the scene.
The building that caught fire is a car-processing facility, officials said. It was extinguished about an hour after crews arrived.
There were no injuries reported out of the fire, and part of Lincoln Street near the fire was closed while crews fought the flames, according to the Springdale Fire Department.
Crews responded to the scene around 4 p.m. in reference to a building that was about 25 percent engulfed in flames. The immediate area was evacuated. Authorities do not yet know how the fire started, according to the fire department.
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Sen. Boozman Recovering From Heart Surgery With Friends' Support
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested