Gift-Giving Death Threat Suspect’s Alleged Note: “Merry (Expletive) Christmas”

Posted on: 10:58 pm, December 26, 2013, by , updated on: 11:02pm, December 26, 2013

castleberry mugshot

An angry man left gifts and an obscene message on a local woman’s front porch after allegedly threatening to kill the victim and her family, according to Fayetteville police.

Chad Allen Castleberry, 22, was arrested Dec. 26 on suspicion of terroristic threatening, assault on a family member, criminal mischief, harassing communications, third-degree assault and harassment. He remained Thursday night in the Washington County Detention Center, awaiting a bond hearing, according to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office.

Fayetteville police received a call the day after Christmas, in which a woman told dispatchers Castleberry was trying to beat down her front door. The suspect left the scene before responding officers arrived, according to a preliminary report from the Washington County Prosecutor’s Office.

Responding officers found several gifts on the front porch, along with a note that said, “Merry (expletive) Christmas,” the preliminary report states. The woman at the home showed police several obscene text messages from Castleberry, which included a message threatening to kill her, according to Fayetteville police.

The door was damaged in the incident, police said.

An investigation revealed Castleberry had been warned of criminal trespass at the location in November, and that the suspect had a history of violence against the alleged victim, according to the preliminary report.

Police found Castleberry at a separate location, where he admitted to officers that he went to the woman’s home to deliver Christmas presents, the report states. He was arrested on suspicion of several felony charges and booked into jail.

• Gary Brown says:

sissy woman beater.. I wonder if all these woman beaters could stand up with a man and get knocked out

• Destiny Castleberry says:

hey this story is bout me, and this is my husband, hes been beating up on me and ruining my life for years, and i can answer that question for you, no he probably wouldnt stand up to a man,

• Traveler says:

The sad “rest of the story” about women who are beaten is that a large majority allow the man back into their lives, and then continue to be beaten, and perhaps killed. Low feelings of self-esteem and uneducated are major factors.

• The truth says:

Well I know both of these people husband and wife.
    Wife works at bottoms up strip club and has lost custody of all 3 of her kids and has major drug problems and deserves everything she gets she lies just to get him into trouble his fault for staying around but this is the truth

• I know this boy. He is nothing but a drug dealing punk and WIFE BEATER.

• Karma says:

I know both these ppl also, and they have both had drug problems,as well as emotional and physical abuse from both sides…and they have lost custody of their 3 kids but somehow the wife gets to see one of them all the time and raise her..so lets get real it all wnt dwn this time because this child is used as leverage against her father all time…when times get rough she runs with the baby, not right at all…all i have to say is the Lord sees everything and so do ppl…And ppl talk eventually both these parents will get what they deserve which is JESUS….may the Lord have mercy on their souls….

• Sally Lou says:

I can honestly say I am close with Destanee and can say she is smarter and has more potential than what she gives herself credit for. I can remwmber her doing hard math problems like nobodies business.I used to think she would be an accountant. It’s not her fault for how her life has played out. She got caught up with the wrong people at the wrong time who thought it was a game to drag her down with them. I think if she would open her eyes and give her self more credit and build her self esteem then she could soar for miles. And no one, I mean no one should judge her until they have walked in her shoes and have had to deal with her husband. Or shall I say baby daddy. He’s a low life dead beat that will never amount to anything and has now convinced this poor girl that she is as low as him. And that my friends is not fair. And a stripper with drug problems? I would be too if I had to deal with everything she has been through. :)