Fayetteville Building Evacuated After Copper Facility Overheats

A Fayetteville manufacturing facility was evacuated early Friday evening after being flooded with steam from an overheated furnace, according to the Fayetteville Fire Department.

A copper-making furnace at Elkhart Products Corporation at 3265 S. School Ave. overheated at 5:13 p.m., releasing steam and severe hot spots in the building, said Mauro Campos, fire department battalion chief.

The facility was evacuated, and there were no known injuries, Campos said. The building itself did not catch on fire, he said.

1 Comment

  • Mark Smith

    Wouldn’t a more clear headline read ” after copper furnace overheats?” Once again, 5 news writing abilities fall short of basic literacy standards let alone professional journalism. Crack a book!

Comments are closed.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 508 other followers