5NEWS, which is broadcast on KFSM-TV and KXNW-TV, is looking to grow its weather and news departments with the addition of a morning Meteorologist/Reporter. The right candidate will anchor weather on the weekend, and also report during the week. Reporting will consist of telling weather, traffic, environmental or outdoor stories of interest. That means you’ll be getting plenty of reps in weather as you report as well: expect at least a 50/50 mix over a 12-month period. The ideal candidate will be a meteorologist. A reporting background is preferred, but we can work with you on that if necessary.
The right candidate will bring energy and personality to our team. We’re looking for someone who can do live shots and turn stories. The right candidate will also be a Meteorologist capable of aggressively handling severe weather in studio and out in the field.
Core Job Functions:
- Build your own forecast with input from numerical models, satellite, radar, & notes from previous shift.
- Communicates a clear and concise “weather story” and relates the story to viewers with passion & energy.
- Arranges and creates fresh maps and graphics using the Weather Central 3:D LIVE platform.
- Daily radio forecasts and internet duties related to weather forecasts.
- Makes regular public appearances and assists in the development of station promotional efforts.
- Report and do live shots on occasion.
- Blog, and creatively update our website as well as social media.
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
Ability to speak standard English and write grammatically correct English. Must be able to drive a vehicle. Experience and effective use Weather Central, Livewire preferred. Must possess a valid State Driver’s License (or be able to get one).
A bachelor degree in meteorology or similar science related field and AMS or NWA Seal of Approval (or be able to get one).
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Interested parties should submit resume, application and references to Garrett Lewis, Chief Meteorologist, KFSM-TV, 4201 North Shiloh Drive, Suite 169, Fayetteville, AR 72703 or e-mail email@example.com or fax 479-521-6579. No phone calls please.
KFSM-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer