5NEWS, which is broadcast on KFSM-TV and KXNW-TV is looking for a hard-working show editor/photographer to work out of our Fort Smith newsroom.
In your role as a show editor, you’ll play a crucial role in getting quality newscasts on the air. Editors work hand-in-hand work with newscast producers to edit all video to air in the newscasts. An editor also records microwave and satellite feeds, edits and reviews video, prepares video for broadcast use and playback video during newscasts.
As a photographer, we’re looking for someone who is not afraid to hustle and be aggressive when it comes to daily and breaking news coverage. Experience and working knowledge of digital video photography and non-linear editing is a must. Photographers shoot and edit video under extreme deadline pressure.
Core Job Functions:
- Insures sound and picture quality of all assigned stories.
- Works alone or with a reporter to shoot and edit the stories for broadcast.
- Operates ENG microwave van, and SNG satellite trucks.
- Must understand or be able to learn non-linear digital editing and programs.
- The ability to read maps, and navigate quickly.
- Maintains inventory of all assigned equipment and responsible for its up-keep.
- Examines, maintains, and performs routine maintenance of any assigned vehicle.
- Insures sound and picture quality of all stories edited.
- Monitor all assigned news/satellite feeds.
- Edits, organizes, all news video for daily newscast.
- The ability to FTP video and feeds.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
Must have the ability to shoot video in all kinds of settings and edit under deadline. Ability to operate ENG Microwave van, drive vehicle, set up tripods, etc. Knowledge of how cameras work to perform minor repairs and maintenance in field, if necessary. Regular car maintenance (oil changes, cleanliness, etc.) is also important. Must possess a valid State Driver’s License (or be able to get one).
College degree, or two years’ work experience.
Dexterity to operate camera. Vision to shoot and edit video. Ability to lift 100 pounds or more, as needed, of equipment consisting of: camera, tripods, batteries, etc. Must work in all kinds of weather conditions.
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Are you interested? Send your resume, application, and references to Chad Sharpe, Chief Photographer, KFSM-TV, P.O. Box 369, Fort Smith, AR 72902, (479-783-3131) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
KFSM-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer