Springdale House Fire Sends Firefighter To Hospital

A Springdale house fire kept emergency crews on scene late into the night in response to a house fire at 8611 E. Wagon Wheel Road.

A firefighter was hospitalized after he fell in the house then began to feel dizzy, according to Springdale Fire Chief Mike Irwin.

Crews received a report of an attic on fire around 8:20 p.m. Sunday (Jan. 5). The fire started in a chimney, which may have not been cleaned recently, according to Irwin.

Two residents were inside the home when the flames sparked, but they made it out safely before crews got on scene.

The fire was put out around 9 p.m., but firefighters didn’t pack up until about 11 p.m. because they were putting out hot spots in the home.

Irwin said the house received extensive damage, but was not a total loss.



Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 473 other followers