2 Bodies Found In Pope County Fire
The bodies of a man and a woman were discovered among the remains of a structure that burned in Pope County on Thursday, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
Firefighters and emergency crews responded around 10:45 a.m. to a structure fire on Highway 7 north of Dover, Pope County Sheriff Aaron DuVall stated in a release. A dead male and female were discovered at the scene after the fire was extinguished, the sheriff said.
The bodies, which were burned beyond recognition, were sent to the Arkansas State Crime Lab for identification and to determine the cause of death, DuVall said.
The Pope County Sheriff’s Office and the Arkansas State Police are investigating the deaths and the fire.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range