Arkansas Initiative For Marriage Equality Collecting Signatures Saturday
The Arkansas Initiative for Marriage Equality (AIME) will start collecting signatures for The Arkansas Same-Sex Marriage Amendment (ASSMA) on Saturday (Jan. 18).
Supporters will start collecting the signatures on the steps of the Arkansas State Capitol, in Little Rock.
Officials said AIME will have to collect signatures from 10 percent of the number of voters in the next gubernatorial race for the state of Arkansas (2014), and supporters must also collect 5 percent of the number of voters in 15 different counties from around the state by the middle of 2016, in order to be placed on the ballot for that year.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone