Person Found Dead In LeFlore County Pond Identified
LeFlore County, Okla., authorities confirm a body found in a pond west of Talihina is that of a missing 19-year-old man.
Sheriff Rob Seale says the body of Joshua Teves was discovered Monday. He was reported missing last week. Tuesday the Sheriff’s Office announced the death was being investigated as a homicide.
“It was the body of a white male dressed in jeans, a t-shirt and was in about three inches of water in the pond,” said Sheriff Rob Seale.
The body was sent to the state medical examiner’s office to be identified and to determine the cause of death, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
Neighbors near the pond said their area is normally quiet.
“I would suspect that it wasn’t anybody from this neighborhood,” said neighbor Mike Doyle.
Seale said it is unclear how long the man’s body was in the pond.
“With the water temperatures and cool temperatures that we’ve had, it has a profound affect on the decomposition of the body,” Seale said.
Anyone with any information on Teves’ death is encouraged to contact the LeFlore County Sheriff’s Office.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone