Local Man Facing Charges On String Of Burglaries
A 28-year-old Lowell man is behind bars on suspicion he burglarized five local businesses, according to a Springdale Police Department news release on Tuesday (Jan. 28).
Christopher Maritan was booked into the Washington County Detention Center on Jan. 23 and faces 13 charges, including theft of property and possession of a controlled substance, according to the Washington County Sheriff’s Office website.
Maritan is being held on a $13,500 bond and is set to appear in court on Wednesday (Jan. 29), according to the website.
The police department news release states that Maritan is suspected of burglarizing these businesses: the Plaza Hair Salon, Charley’s Taqueria, Taqueria El Cunado, Bes-C Beauty Salon and Blanca’s Beauty.
The Springdale Police Department is continuing its investigation into whether Maritan is a suspect in other area crimes, the release states.
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Sen. Boozman Recovering From Heart Surgery With Friends' Support
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested