Freezing Rain Causes Icy Conditions in NWA
Freezing rain and sleet deteriorated road conditions in Benton and Washington County early morning Tuesday (Feb. 4).
Road crews were busy clearing ice off the roads. The on and off ramps were slick on Interstate 540.
The University of Arkansas campus canceled classes. UA student Wilson Turner said he would spend the day doing homework. However, he did drive to get a bite to eat.
“Me and my friend have seen a couple of cars sliding around, taking turns is a little bit difficult for some people,” Turner said. “But overall the ice hasn’t been as bad as the snow was yesterday.”
John Lea, Fayetteville driver, said the main roads are passable but said Interstate 540 was a different story.
“540 is a little slick in between the lanes where they pushed all the slush together so you have to be careful when crossing the lanes but the side roads are slick as glass,” Lea said.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side