Accused Machete Killer’s Trial Reset For Nov. 17

Posted on: 3:02 pm, February 5, 2014, by , updated on: 03:33pm, February 5, 2014

Murder Suspect: Gregory Aaron Kinsey

Murder Suspect: Gregory Aaron Kinsey

The murder trial for Gregory Aaron Kinsey, accused of killing two men in a machete attack last year in Fort Smith, has been scheduled to begin Nov. 17, according to court records.

The trail was set to begin Monday (Feb. 10) but was reset by order of Circuit Judge Stephen Tabor at the request of Kinsey’s defense lawyers.

Jury selection for the trail is set for Nov. 13-14, according to the judge’s order.

Kinsey is accused of attacking and killing Nathan Young and Brandon Prince with a machete on June 26.  He is charged with two counts of capital murder.

Sebastian County Prosecuting Attorney Dan Shue has said he will seek the death penalty in the case.

1 Comment

  • blindjustice says:

    So that delays this trail for another 10 months?? Are you kidding me! Guess we have plenty of room in the jails so we don’t need to be taxed anymore. Delay trails…. not a problem, plenty of room it would seem.

Comments are closed.