Arkansas Wins Conference Hockey Championship
Most Arkansas fans don’t realize they have a hockey team. Even fewer realize just how good the Razorbacks are.
Arkansas captured the South Eastern Collegiate Hockey Conference title in Birmingham, Ala. after they took down Alabama 2-1 in the league championship game game.
The Razorbacks outscored Tennessee and South Carolina 24-2 in the first two rounds of the tournament.
Arkansas (29-5-0) fell behind 1-0 but netted a pair of goals, including the game winner from Martin Sundstedt to claim the conference crown. The goal was Sundstedt’s 22 of the season which is tied for the team lead with Marcel Toure.
Arkansas closes out the regular season next weekend as they host Oklahoma both Friday and Saturday night at the Jones Center in Springdale. The Sooners are responsible for two of the Razorbacks five losses this season.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Missing Albuquerque Teen Found In Fort Smith
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side