Stabbing in Waldron Leaves One Dead
An unidentified 23-year-old man is behind bars after the Scott County Sheriff’s Office said he stabbed and killed another man Sunday night (Feb. 9) near Waldon.
The victim was confirmed to be a 59-year-old Asian male, but he is also unidentified.
Chief Deputy Terry Staggs with the Scott County Sheriff’s Office said neither the suspect nor the victim’s names are being released at this time, due to the ongoing investigation.
The incident happened approximately 2 miles east of Waldron, according to Chief Deputy Staggs.
The victim was alive when he was put into an ambulance at the scene, authorities said. However, he died either en route to or just after arriving at a local hospital, according to Waldron Police Chief David Millard.
The Scott County Sheriff’s Office and Arkansas State Police are involved in the investigation.
Stay with 5NEWS for more on this developing story.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone