Actor Ralph Waite from ‘The Waltons’ Dies at Age 85
(CNN) — Veteran character actor Ralph Waite — who many knew best from his time on “The Waltons,” though he also had regular roles in more recent series like “Bones” and “NCIS” — has died. He was 85.
Waite died on Thursday afternoon at his Palm Desert, California, home, according to Steve Gordon, his family accountant.
Jane Mead, a representative of the Spirit of the Desert Presbyterian Fellowship that Waite attended regularly, confirmed his death.
According to IMDB.com, Waite was already a Hollywood veteran with parts in movies like “Cool Hand Luke” and “Five Easy Pieces,” plus TV series such as “Bonanza” when he landed the role of John Walton Sr.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range