Flags Fly At Half-Staff For Arkansas Pilot
Gov. Mike Beebe has ordered flags to fly at half-staff Saturday (Feb. 15) to honor an Arkansas Forestry Commission pilot who died when his plane crashed.
Jake Harrell was killed when his plane went down Jan. 31 in a remote part of the Ouachita National Forest. Searchers looked for the plane for days but it wasn’t discovered until Feb. 11.
Harrell had been searching for wildfires for the Arkansas Forestry Commission at the time of the crash. He also worked as a North Little Rock police officer.
Harrell’s funeral is scheduled for Saturday morning at the First Assembly of God Church in North Little Rock.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In $94,000 Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side