81 Acres Burned in Scott County Grass Fire
Fire Crews in Scott and Logan Counties worked to put out a large grass fire Sunday afternoon (Feb. 16).
Northwest Scott County Volunteer Fire Chief Donnie Adkins said by the time crews got the fire put out Sunday night, a total of 81 acres had burned.
Adkins also added that there were several homes threatened while the fire burned, but that crews were able to keep the fire from reaching those homes.
Adkins said the fire started early Sunday afternoon, when a family was burning brush. Authorities said the high winds caused the fire to spread and get out of control quickly.
No one was hurt in the fire, according to authorities.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Seven Departments Respond to Large House Fire in Sebastian County