‘Back to the Future’ Power Laces Due In 2015
Photo courtesy of CNET.
CNET – “Back to the Future” fans and sneaker fans pretty much freaked out in 2011 when Nike issued a limited number of Air Mag shoes designed after those from “Back to the Future, Part II.”
In the movie, Michael J. Fox as Marty McFly time travels all the way to 2015, rides a Hoverboard, and throws on some kicks with “power laces” that tighten automatically.
The power laces were conspicuously absent from the 2011 Air Mags, but we might not have to wait much longer for them to become a reality.
Tinker Hatfield, a Nike designer famous for his Air Jordan contributions, was asked about power laces at a recent event in New Orleans. His answer, according to Sole Collector, was that we should see them next year.
The timing certainly makes sense, matching up with the movie’s setting. There’s no word yet on whether or not the power laces would come on a new edition of the Mag shoes or a different model of shoe entirely.
To read the rest of this story, visit CNET by clicking here.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Missing Albuquerque Teen Found In Fort Smith
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side