Greenwood Teacher Resigns Amid Investigation
Greenwood Schools Superintendent John Ciesla tells 5NEWS that junior high teacher Gilberto Huerta has resigned amid a police investigation.
Greenwood Police Chief Will Dawson said a police report was filed Wednesday (Feb. 19), but did not say if a complaint was filed by the school district or a parent. Dawson said he could not release details about the complaint because it is still under investigation.
He said the school is cooperating with investigators.
“Measures are prompt and done with student safety in mind when incidents occur on their campus,” said Dawson.
“Due to the fact that this is a personnel matter and there is an open investigation with Greenwood Police Department the district can make no further comment at this time,” Ciesla said in a statement.
Huerta was a junior high Spanish teacher for the school for the past four years, according to school officials.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In $94,000 Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side