Body Found Floating In Arkansas River Identified
Photo courtesy of the Pope County Sheriff's Office
On Saturday (Feb. 22), at approximately 10:30 am, Pope County Dispatch received an alert that a fisherman had found a body floating in the Arkansas River near Sweeden Island.
The Pope County Sheriff’s Office, Pope County Office of Emergency Management, Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, Arkansas State Police and the Pope County Coroner’s Office responded to the area and retrieved the body of a deceased male.
No identification was found on the subject, so the body was sent to the Arkansas State Medical Examiner for identification.
At approximately 2:30 pm today, the Arkansas State Medical Examiner reported that the body found was that of 31-year-old Michael Shane Caldwell.
Caldwell was reported missing on Jan. 16, 2014.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Missing Albuquerque Teen Found In Fort Smith
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side