Body Found Floating In Arkansas River Identified
Photo courtesy of the Pope County Sheriff's Office
On Saturday (Feb. 22), at approximately 10:30 am, Pope County Dispatch received an alert that a fisherman had found a body floating in the Arkansas River near Sweeden Island.
The Pope County Sheriff’s Office, Pope County Office of Emergency Management, Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, Arkansas State Police and the Pope County Coroner’s Office responded to the area and retrieved the body of a deceased male.
No identification was found on the subject, so the body was sent to the Arkansas State Medical Examiner for identification.
At approximately 2:30 pm today, the Arkansas State Medical Examiner reported that the body found was that of 31-year-old Michael Shane Caldwell.
Caldwell was reported missing on Jan. 16, 2014.
- Mom Bites Off Dog's Ear To Save Daughter During Attack
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Teen Sought In Connection With Destroying Crash Evidence Arrested
- Driver Was Drinking Before Deadly Motorcycle Wreck, Police Say
- Seven Departments Respond to Large House Fire in Sebastian County