Trial Date Set For Former Greenwood Teacher Accused Of Biting Student
The trial date for Gilberto Huerta, 52, of Greenwood, has been set for April 23 at 1 pm, according to the Sebastian County District Court Greenwood Division.
Huerta was arrested Friday (Feb. 21) on suspicion of harassment, after resigning from the school district earlier this week.
An arrest warrant states Greenwood Junior High teacher Gilberto Huerta, 52, bit a female student’s ear during class late last year and told her, “I’m going to eat you.” When the teacher walked back to his desk, he allegedly said, “Next time, I’m going to put salsa on it.”
The alleged victim told police the incident happened between Thanksgiving and Christmas last year. The girl said two other students sitting at her table witnessed the situation, according to the warrant.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Neighbors Concerned about Safety Near Van Buren Gun Range
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side