15-Year-Old Girl Detained In Har-Ber Lockdown After Gun Tip
Several Springdale Har-Ber High School students were detained by police for questioning after a tip about a student gunman led to a lockdown at the school, said Lt. Derek Hudson with the Springdale Police Department.
As first reported by 5NEWS, a girl was suspected of bringing a gun to school, prompting the lockdown. Police later confirmed a 15-year-old girl was taken in for additional questioning following the investigation at the school.
Police responded to the school on Thursday afternoon at about 2 p.m. after receiving two tips that there was a student on campus with a gun, Hudson said. Responding officers searched the area, but did not initially find a gun, he said.
The detained students were not placed under arrest, just held for questioning, Hudson said. No arrests have yet been made.
The school district lifted the lockdown at 3 p.m., but the school was still “on alert,” meaning students were still in the classrooms as police continued investigating mid-afternoon, Schaeffer said.
“There is no immediate threat. No one is in danger,” he said.
Stay with 5NEWS for more information as it becomes available.
- Police: Fayetteville Man Raped 2 Year Old, Recorded It On Phone
- Former Rogers Doctor Accused In Patient Nude Photo Scandal
- Missing Albuquerque Teen Found In Fort Smith
- Treasurer Apologizes After Arrest In Church Embezzlement Case
- Siloam Mom Accused Of Lifting Daughter By Neck, Swinging Her Side-To-Side