At approximately 1:15 p.m., the Springdale Fire Department responded to flames behind Carpet One in Springdale, according to the Springdale Fire Department.
The fire started near a leased warehouse behind the Carpet One store. There were no reported injuries, but the flames did damage a dumpster and part of a fence.
Discarded ignited material has been contributed as the cause of the fire, according to the Springdale Fire Department.
Carpet padding material caught fire, and although workers attempted to put it out with fire extinguishers, the wind grew the flames to a point that they were unable to effectively combat the fire.
Although they are unable to specifically prove that cigarettes started the fire, the Springdale Fire Department did find plenty of discarded cigarettes near the site of the fire.
The area was reportedly a place where workers would take their smoke breaks.