IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE

Bentonville Man Killed In House Fire After Stove Left On

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Fire

A Bentonville man was killed over the weekend following a house fire at his home, according to Bentonville police.

Bentonville firefighters and police officers responded early Saturday morning to a house fire at 1109 SE 35th St. Larry Lee Smith, 34, was pulled from the burning house, but later died of apparent smoke inhalation, according to the Bentonville Police Department.

The fire does not appear to be suspicious. Investigators believe the fire started after a stove was left on, police said. There were no operable smoke detectors in the home.

An officer noticed smoke coming from the house around 3:30 a.m. and placed a call to other authorities. Responding firefighters entered the home and found Smith in his bedroom. He was transported to Northwest Medical Center in Bentonville, where he was pronounced dead, police said.

1 Comment

Comments are closed.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,221 other followers