Family-Themed Earth Day Activities To Be Held At Hobbs State Park
Earth Day is an annual event where family-centered activities take place worldwide to demonstrate support for environmental protection. It was first celebrated in 1970, and it’s now celebrated in more than 192 countries each year.
This year, Hobbs State Park is celebrating Earth Day on Saturday (April 12), according to a news release Monday.
Earth Day activities at Hobbs State Park – Conservation Area this year will include:
- 9-11 a.m. – Birds & Breakfast at the visitor center (FREE)
- 10:30 a.m. – Mother Nature Reads in the visitor center (FREE)
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Good Steward Hike at Bashore Ridge Trail (FREE)
- 2 p.m. – Friends of Hobbs Speaker Terri Lane, “Building Backyard Habita (FREE)
- 2 p.m. – Earth Day Cruise on Beaver Lake (Fee)
For more information and to make reservations for the Earth Day Cruise, call 479-789-5000.