Part-Time News Photographer
We’re looking for curious, hard-working photographer to work out of our Fort Smith newsroom. We’re looking for someone who can prove they are not afraid to hustle and be aggressive when it comes to daily and breaking news coverage. Experience and working knowledge of digital video photography and non-linear editing is a big plus. Photographers shoot and edit video under extreme deadline pressure.
Core Job Functions:
- Insures sound and picture quality of all stories shot.
- Works alone or with a reporter or field producer to shoot and edit the stories for broadcast.
- Operates ENG microwave van, and SNG satellite trucks.
- Must understand or be able to learn non-linear digital editing and programs.
- The ability to read maps, and navigate quickly.
- Maintains inventory of all assigned equipment and responsible for its up-keep.
- Examines, maintains, and performs routine maintenance of any assigned vehicle.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
Ability to shoot video in all kinds of settings and edit under deadline. Ability to operate ENG Microwave van, drive station vehicles, etc. Knowledge of how cameras work to perform minor repairs and maintenance in field, if necessary. Responsible for car maintenance (oil changes, cleanliness, etc.) Must possess a valid State Driver’s License (or be able to get one).
A minimum of two years WORK experience.
Ability to lift 100 pounds or more, as needed, of equipment consisting of: camera, tripods, batteries, etc. Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
Interested? Send your resume and references to Chad Sharpe, KFSM-TV, P.O. Box 369, Fort Smith, AR 72902, (479-783-3131) or e-mail email@example.com.