Director of Marketing
Job Title: Director of Marketing Posting dates: 4/10/14 – 4/21/14
Reports to: VP Sales
Purpose/reason for this Position:
The primary focus of Director of Marketing is to increase our non-traditional revenue on all our media. The ideal person must be proactive in monitoring and assessing a complex market and seek ways to leverage our medias to promote our brand, clients and add revenue.
Core Job Functions:
- Produce sales and marketing tools and/or collateral to assist the Sales Department in the development of new business.
- Create sales packages and presentations and other computer-based applications to be used by the station sales department.
- Lead qualitative research effort and serve as the primary vendor contact; Lead questionnaire design and development, interpretation and presentation of data, training, and delivery methods to maximize station revenue and serve client needs.
- Immediately upon receipt of Nielsen ratings information, provide ratings analysis and develop station collateral and presentation materials to maximize revenue both on-air and online.
- Identify opportunities and venues to monetize the station’s Internet site working in synergy with the local Internet Sales Manager and General Sales Manager.
- Individual will work in synergy with News, Promotion Director and Sales Department on all community events; Identify ways to monetize these events through partnerships and through leveraging the station via a cohesive multi-media approach.
- Proactively identify opportunities to form partnerships within the local market; Identify ways to tie these partnerships into ratings and revenue growth.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Station Specific Duties:
- The right person will have a positive can-do attitude and is creative with a passion for designing great production that is both current and effective in achieving the desired results.
- Should be a people-person with great communication skills; able to articulate an idea and see it through to completion.
- A team player who thrives on both individual success and celebrates the success of colleagues.
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
Experience with a media and/or marketing background. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks. Ability to communicate before groups and make presentations. Ability to use desktop publishing and other computer systems. Must possess a valid State Driver’s License (or be able to get one). Some professional editing skill on Final Cut Pro a plus. Must be into social media and understand how to use it effectively.
4-year college degree in Marketing or closely related field of study. A minimum of three years work experience.
Dexterity to use desktop publishing and computer systems. Vision and communication for the preparation and delivery of reports and presentations. Ability to operate vehicle, as needed.
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Interested parties should submit resume and references to Mark LaCrue, KFSM-TV, P.O. Box 369, Fort Smith, AR 72902, or e-mail email@example.com. No phone calls please.
KFSM-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer