CRAWFORD COUNTY (KFSM) – A Crawford County storage shed is destroyed after fire tore through it Thursday morning (Aug. 7).
Crawford County Rural District Five Fire Chief Dale Ingle said lightning struck a utility pole next to the shed around 8:15 a.m., which then caused it to catch fire. The fire also threatened a barn next door; however, fire crews were able to keep the flames from spreading.
The shed is located near Highway 59 in the Figure Five community, just north of Van Buren.
No one was inside the shed or the barn when the fire sparked.
Several departments worked to get the fire put out, including Crawford County Rural District Five, Crawford County Rural District Four and Cedarville Fire.