5NEWS, which is broadcast on KFSM-TV and KXNW-TV, is looking for a news anchor and reporter who can handle breaking news and is a proven leader in the newsroom. You must enterprise significant local news stories, be able to write for the Web and post content on social media sites.
We are the news leader in this market and want a journalist who thrives on being a member of a competitive, winning news team. This market is home to some of the world’s largest employers, such as Walmart and Tyson Foods. It’s also the home to the University of Arkansas. The Razorbacks are a member of the highly competitive Southeastern Conference. This area has been ranked in the Top 10 best places to live and work by Forbes.
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Become one of the primary personalities of both TV stations
- Play a key role in executing our brand across all platforms
- Invest in ratings growth of the newscasts you anchor
- The ability to turn a wide range of hard news stories quickly
- Must be able to shoot and edit video on non-linear programs (Final Cut Pro experience a plus)
- You will be expected to post stories to the Web every day
- You’ll need a strong work ethic and the ability perform independently
- Outside of the regular work day, you’ll be expected to make public appearances on behalf of the stations
- You’ll need a flexible approach to your work schedule, and be ready to work when news breaks
- Develop meaningful contacts and maintain those contacts to get information quickly
- Works closely with news producers in writing scripts, editing copy and creating show rundowns
- You must be an aggressive news reporter who can report live and handle breaking news in all kinds of conditions
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
A minimum of two years experience anchoring/reporting for a commercial television news operation. Knowledge of television newscast production techniques and television news writing. Must possess a valid state driver’s license (or be able to get one).
A four-year college degree in liberal arts or journalism.
Statement about Other Duties:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, special projects, technological developments, etc.
Send your resume, references, and tape to Bill Cummings, News Director, KFSM-TV, 4201 North Shiloh Drive, Suite 169, Fayetteville, AR 72703. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
KFSM-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer