VAN BUREN (KFSM) – Officials responded to a fire at the Arkhola Sand & Gravel Company on Wednesday afternoon (March 25).
The call for the fire came in around 12:05 p.m., officials said.
The fire was contained by 12:50 p.m. and started when some plastic storage bags caught fire. Fire Marshal Stanley Clark said he believes the cause is electrical in nature. The area was evacuated as a precaution, fire personnel said.
“Everyone just kind of evacuated from the area – just to be safe,” Clark said. “We did have a propane tank nearby the building and kind moved people away from it until we had a chance to come in and take care of the situation.”
The 20 x 40 storage metal structure is a total loss, Clark said.
No injuries were reported.