Mother, Daughter Dead Following Apartment New Year’s Fire In Fort Smith
FORT SMITH (KFSM)– Firefighters say two people are dead after an apartment fire late Friday night (Jan. 1) in Fort Smith.
Tcvetelina Knouf and her daughter, Teodora Knouf, were taken to Mercy Hospital by emergency personnel but later died from smoke inhalation.
Officials say the fire, which was in a second story apartment on Meandering way, started around 10:30 p.m.
Officials said the blaze started after a fire in their fireplace caught their Christmas tree on fire.