Three Arkansas Lottery Players Win $50,000 Each
LITTLE ROCK (KFSM)— If you are checking your Powerball tickets, the numbers drawn Saturday night were: 16 – 19 – 32 – 34 – 57 – 13.
According to a release from the Arkansas Scholarship lottery, there was no jackpot winner Saturday (Jan. 9), but three Arkansas players who bought tickets in Van Buren, Bella Vista and Conway won $50,000 each.
“No winning ticket was sold in Saturday night’s $949.8 million Powerball drawing. With no one matching all the numbers, the new jackpot is expected to hit $1.3 billion, on Wednesday (Jan. 13),” Bishop Woosley, Lottery Director said in a statement. “That amount is more than double the previous Powerball record of $590.5 million, which was won by a Florida retiree in 2013. Last night was filled with incredible excitement here in Arkansas and three of our players did win big grabbing a $50,000 prize each. On behalf of the lottery, I want to thank all Arkansans who took part in this drawing, the additional scholarship funding generated this week will certainly enhance the future of our students.”
The Arkansas Scholarship Lottery also released the following statistics:
- Arkansas Scholarship Lottery sold $4,438,665 in Powerball® tickets Saturday.
- This Powerball® run alone has contributed over $7 Million to scholarships, so far, in Arkansas.
- The largest month of Powerball® sales ever, in Arkansas was November, 2012 – Players purchased $8,654,632 in Powerball tickets.
- Three Arkansas players won $50,000 each, one ticket was sold in Bella Vista, Van Buren and Conway (4+PB=$50,000).
- There were 132,118 Arkansas players who took home a part of the $1,272,326 in prizes from $1 to $50,000 that were won in Arkansas last night.
- Twenty-eight New Millionaires also arrived across the country, with last night’s Powerball® drawing.
- With 292,201,338 possible six number combinations that could be played, total coverage of all those combinations reached 78% in last night’s drawing.