Last Day For Closing Walmarts, Merchandise 75 Percent Off
BENTONVILLE (KFSM) — Thursday (Jan. 28) will be the last day of business for 10 Arkansas Walmart stores and six Oklahoma Stores.
The stores will permanently close at 7 p.m. and the remaining merchandise is now 75 percent off.
The closing stores began cutting their prices last week, starting with a 25 percent discount. By Saturday (Jan. 23) the merchandise still left on store shelves went to a 50 percent markdown.
Walmart announced the stores’ closing on Jan. 15, saying the decision was made after taking into account financial performance as well as strategic alignment with long-term plans.
The following Arkansas stores will close:
- Mansfield: 720 N. Hwy. 71
- Mulberry: 3500 Mulberry Hwy. 64
- Charleston: 814 W. Main
- Coal Hill: 1531 E. Hwy. 64
- Van Buren (near Cedarville): 8848 N. Hwy. 59
- Damascus: 5 Hwy. 124
- Decatur: 154 E. Roller
- Gentry: 905 S. Gentry Blvd.
- Gravette: 800 1st Ave. SE
- Prairie Grove: 881 W. Buchanan
The following Oklahoma stores will close:
- Okemah: 124 E. Columbia St.
- Luther: 19250 E. Hwy. 66
- Prague: 2310 West Main
- Stroud: 1600 West Hwy. 66
- Wewoka: 2324 Seran Dr.
- Watonga: 812 N. Clarence Nash Blvd.