Garrett’s Blog: Several Rain Events Coming Up
More rain is expected in the next week with another 1-3″ or more possible by the end of next week.
Here are the next three rain events:
- Early Thursday
- The best chance for showers will be along I40 and to the south where the humidity is higher.
- The majority of the rain will occur between 11pm and 4am
- A few spotty showers could be in the area mid-morning on Thursday
- Late Sunday
- Our area becomes wedged between a strong high to the east and a low to the west
- South winds will draw up large amounts of Gulf moisture
- The return of the moisture will cause a few showers or thunderstorms late Sunday into Monday along with cloudy skies
- Next Tuesday/Wednesday
- This is the big one
- Tuesday evening looks the wettest
- Probably some severe weather
- Trending more towards a very heavy rain somewhere in the midsouth
Thursday 1am: Scattered showers with a few embedded thunderstorms. Some storms could contain small hail.
Thursday 6am: Most of the rain is exiting to the east but a few lingering showers will be possible into mid-morning.
Sunday Evening: South winds will draw moisture back from the south to the north.
There could be a few areas of rain even Saturday night but I think the best chance for spotty showers will be late Sunday into Monday morning.
Tuesday/Wednesday: This is the big upper trough that will be moving into the area. It’s a deep upper trough with an orientation that is prone to heavy rainfall.