Veterans Day Events In Our Area
ARKANSAS (KFSM) — There will be several events throughout the area to pay homage to the men and women who gave their time to serving our nation.
Here’s a list of what’s going on near you:
- The Jonesboro Veterans Day Parade will be Saturday (Nov. 12). The parade will begin at 10 a.m. on Main Street.
- The 15th Annual Van Buren Veterans Day Parade will be from 6:30-8 p.m. on Historic Main Street in Van Buren on Thursday (Nov. 10). The parade begins at Crawford County Courthouse and ends at First Baptist Church.
- Eureka Springs’ 2nd Annual Veterans Day Parade will be Friday (Nov. 11) at 10 a.m. It starts in downtown and will head to the Cat House parking lot of the American Legion Rifle Salute.
- The Veterans Day Parade in the Chaffee Crossing Historic District will be Saturday (Nov. 12). This year’s theme will be “Women In The Military.” The parade will start at noon followed by a ceremony at the Barbershop Museum.
- Fort Smith Museum of History will be honoring veterans from 1-3 p.m. View photos, uniforms and artifacts from past Veterans Day exhibits and excerpts of taped interviews with local veterans conducted by the Fort Smith Historical Society. The event is free.
- There will be a parade beginning at the Fayetteville square on Sunday, (Nov.13) beginning at 2 p.m. The theme will be “Parade of the Forgotten.”
Walmart will be holding a hiring day for veterans on Friday (Nov. 11). It will be at the Walmart Home Office, on Sam M. Walton Auditorium, 702 SW 8th St. in Bentonville.
- Regional National Cemetery Improvement Corporation will hold its eighth annual Veterans Memorial 5K Race at 8 a.m. It will begin at the Fayetteville National Cemetery, 700 S. Government Blvd. Entry fee is $30 on event day. Information and registration can be found here.
- The fifth annual RazorVets Scholarship Banquet will be Friday (Nov. 11) at 6 p.m. in Fayetteville Town Center, 15 W. Mountain Street. For ticket and sponsorship information for this event, please contact Carolyn Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (479) 575-5007.
- A Veterans’ Dance Friday (Nov. 11) at the Arkansas Air and Military Museum for the Veteran’s Dance featuring the Bella Vista Big Band! The museum is located at 4290 S. School Avenue. Veterans get in for free, general admission is $5.