Arkoma Family Loses Home In Fire

arkoma-house-fire

ARKOMA (KFSM) — A house fire is the reason a local family is without a home.

Gary Stewart, his girlfriend Tammy, her disabled sister and an 8-year-old girl were inside home when the fire began Friday (Nov. 25). No one was injured except Stewart.

Stewart sustained minor injuries to his head and hands trying to save the family dog. Although the four escaped, their Pug, Rosie, didn’t make it out alive.

The fire began in the laundry room.  Faulty electrical wiring is suspected to be the cause.

The house, which Stewart was renting, is a total loss. Those at Red Cross have rented a motel room for them for one week.

Stewart didn’t have renters insurance. They lost everything in the fire except the clothes on their back.

A GoFundMe account has been created to assist the family. They had no savings to rely on.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s