Aloft Hotel In Rogers Evacuated After Malfunctioning HVAC Started Smoking

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ROGERS (KFSM) — Rogers firefighters are at Aloft hotel in Rogers on Wednesday (July 5) after smoke was spotted in the sixth floor of the building.

Everyone was quickly evacuated from the seven-story building after smoke was spotted, said Chief Tom Jenkins with the Rogers Fire Department. The smoke was caused by a malfunctioning HVAC unit.

He said you can’t be too careful with high-rise buildings like that.