FAYETTEVILLE (KFSM) -- A construction worker at Razorback Stadium was hospitalized Monday (Jan. 8) afternoon due to a "personal health issue," according to University of Arkansas officials.
Emergency crews initially responded to the construction site at the stadium's north end zone for a possible carbon monoxide poisoning, but the incident was unrelated to the job site, said Steve Voorhies, university spokesman.
Ralph Livingston, safety director for CDI Contractors -- one of the companies involved in the construction project -- said the man would be "just fine."
The man was working inside an enclosed tarp with a portable heater to keep warm and started to feel lightheaded, according to university police. The worker moved to open air and was alert during transport.
Police described his condition as non life-threatening.
Livingston also said the construction site has detectors for the potentially toxic gas.
CDI Contractors and Hunt Construction Group are part of a joint venture to expand the stadium's north end zone.