Ramsey Students Return to Class After Evacuation For Reported Gas Leak

FORT SMITH (KFSM) — Students at Ramsey Junior High returned to class about 10:15 after being evacuated to a nearby storm shelter briefly for a reported gas leak.

Students were evacuated from the school shortly after 9:30 a.m. after someone reported a strong smell of gas. The students were moved into the storm shelter while the report was investigated, according to Zena Featherston, spokesman for the Fort Smith School District.

Stay with 5NEWS for more information.