New Charges Filed Against “Boogie Man”

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

New sexual assault charges have been filed against a Fayetteville man who reportedly wore a mask and referred to himself as the “Boogie Man” to scare children.

Gregory McWhorter, 40, was charged Thursday with four new counts of second-degree sexual assault. He could face between five and twenty years in prison.

The new charges arise from two alleged victims, both 3-year-olds, who claim McWhorter touched them inappropriately last year.

Earlier in the month, McWhorter was arrested for raping and sexually assaulting a child. During the course of the police department’s investigation, he was also charged with the sexual assault of four other children.

During the investigation officers learned McWhorter wore a disguise to terrorize his young victims so they wouldn’t report it.

“It was a routine he had set up to intimidate the children to where they wouldn’t say anything to anyone and so that’s why we believe there’s a distinct possibility there could be additional victims out there.,” said Sgt. Craig Stout.

Investigators believe there may be more victims. Anyone with information about McWhorter is asked to call the Fayetteville Police Department at (479) 587-3555.

Sgt. Stout says McWhorter has also lived in other states and believes there could be victims out of the area.