Mulberry Duplex Evacuated After Fire Ignites in Kitchen

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A Mulberry duplex is evacuated after a fire ignites in the kitchen.

Fire officials say they were able to respond quickly and keep the damage secluded to just one side of the duplex.

They say the fire was caused by an electrical short in the kitchen and spread to connecting rooms.

As for what actually shorted out, Mulberry Fire Chief Steve Steinsiek says it's hard to pinpoint the electrical culprit.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.