Arkansas Primary Registration Deadline Arrives
Monday, April 23 is the deadline to register for Arkansas residents to register to vote in the primary elections.
The primary registration deadline is typical 30 days prior to general elections, but because that day landed on a Sunday this year the date was moved to April 23.
Primary elections will be held in the state of Arkansas May 22. The May 22 elections will also serve as the general election for judicial races.
To check your voter registration status, visit the Arkansas Secretary of State site.
To register to vote in Arkansas, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be an Arkansas resident (residing in Arkansas at least 31 days prior to the first election in which you will vote).
- Be age 18 or turn 18 on or before the next election.
- Not be a convicted felon whose sentence has not been discharged or pardoned.
- Not be presently adjudged as mentally incompetent as to your ability to vote by a court of competent jurisdiction.
- Not be registered elsewhere – in another county in Arkansas or another state.
- Your voter registration form must be dropped off or postmarked by the deadline.
The deadline to register for the General Election in Arkansas is October 8, 2012.