KFSM/KXNW, CBS and MyNetwork, Fort Smith, AR, is looking for a Chief Engineer to oversee, design, and develop IT based broadcast systems at its studio, transmitter, and remote locations.
- This leadership position, reporting directly to the Station General Manager, requires extensive experience in planning, budgeting, managing, maintaining and troubleshooting a wide variety of IP based systems critical to our broadcast operation.
- This position requires the desire and drive to stay competent in the latest trends in broadcast television and related internet/web systems.
- The candidate must be highly organized with a good sense of how to prioritize deadlines and juggle multiple simultaneous objectives.
- The ability to manage a staff of technicians is essential, as well as the ability to interact positively with other department heads.
- As is typical with critical IT systems, the applicant must be willing to be on call.
Experience with non-linear editing, broadcast station automation, graphics generation and rendering systems (and related storage technologies) is desirable, but not required.
Applicant must be proficient with complex IP systems as well as possess a cursory knowledge of digital audio/video systems.
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
To apply, submit resume, application and references to President & General Manager Van Comer, KFSM-TV, P.O. Box 369, Fort Smith, AR 72902, fax to 479-783-3295, or e-mail email@example.com. No phone calls, please.