Discarded Fireplace Ashes Cause Fire In Springdale

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Discarded ashes from a fireplace caused a grass fire that damaged a structure in Springdale late Friday afternoon, according to the Springdale Fire Department.

The department responded to a call at about 4:30 p.m. of a grass fire that was threatening structures on the 1900 block of Dogwood Place. Grass, a fence and a metal shed caught on fire. The fire did not spread to any houses or to another nearby shed, according to the fire department.

Crews had the fire under control within five minutes of arriving on scene.

No one was injured. The fire was started when ashes from a fireplace were discarded outside, a Springdale Fire Department captain said.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.