Residents Escape Fort Smith Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Residents from a Fort Smith home managed to escape a fire early Friday morning.

The fire sparked at approximately 2 a.m. at  410 North 19th Street in Fort Smith, according to Fort Smith Police Dept. dispatchers. 

A captain with the Fort Smith Police said the residents inside the home at the time managed to escape safely without injury.

Fort Smith Police say the fire caused significant damage to three rooms and the attic of the home.  Firefighters responding believe the flames sparked due to an electrical problem in the home.



Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.