Smoke Evacuates Hotel In Rogers

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

An overloaded washing machine caused a Rogers hotel to evacuate its guests out into sub-freezing temperatures Thursday night.

The Rogers Fire Department responded at about 8 p.m. to a suspected laundry room fire at the Microtel Hotel on South Eighth Street. Firefighters cleared the scene, and guests were back in their room in about 30 minutes, according to hotel staff.

A washing machine was overloaded and expelled heavy smoke, filling the top floor. Guests were evacuated, and staff were able to determine the origin of the smoke, a hotel manager said.

No one was injured, and there was no actual fire, the manager said.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.