Fire Evacuates Springdale Apartments

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A Springdale apartment fire sent tenants out in the cold Wednesday night and burned a hole in the side of a building.

The Springdale Fire Department responded to 5325 N. Oak St. shortly after 10 p.m. in reference to an apartment fire that had spread to the side of the building. Firefighters in Lowell were also called to help with the fire.

The electrical fire burned a hole in the wall of the second story of Building M at Chapel Ridge Apartments. A teenage girl was the only one home in the unit when the fire started, a downstairs neighbor told 5NEWS.

A motorist driving by saw the flames rising from the building and honked the horn to gain attention, the neighbor said.

No one was injured, and firefighters quickly extinguished the flames, according to the Springdale Fire Department. Residents had to wait for the electrical company to assess the building before being let back into their homes.

The fire was contained to the one apartment unit. The outdoor temperature at the time of the evacuation was about 40 degrees.

springdale apartment fire 2

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.