The primary focus of the production assistant is to assist with the production of live news broadcasts and commercial and promotional projects by operating equipment such as audio consoles, studio cameras, location cameras and editing equipment. This position is in Fayetteville, Ark.
Core Job Functions:
- Operates the studio cameras during live news broadcasts.
- Controls teleprompter.
- Prepares studio for live and recorded news segments.
- Maintains studio lighting grid.
- Reports malfunctioning studio equipment to engineering.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Secondary Job Duties:
- Operates the audio console during live news broadcasts.
- Operates audio console during the recording of station produced local programming.
- Sets-up and records field production by operating cameras, lighting and audio equipment for commercial and promotional projects.
- Edit commercial and promotional segments using Final Cut Pro.
- Assist with other control room and on location duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
Must be physically able to reach and manipulate all operating controls on the technical equipment. Ability to make decisions and react quickly in order to respond to last minute program changes and equipment malfunctions. Experience in operating editing equipment and audio during newscasts. Knowledge of lighting techniques. Know-how to frame camera shots. Must possess a valid State Driver’s License (or be able to get one).
A minimum of two years work experience.
Good manual dexterity in order to operate the numerous small push-buttons and rotary switches on the equipment. Ability to maneuver cameras and manipulate camera and lens controls. Ability to climb ladders for set repair and lamp replacement. Ability to lift and move lamp fixtures, sets, props. Good eyesight and hearing for the monitoring & reporting of commercial & program quality. Good hearing to receive director commands. Some driving required.
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change.
Interested parties should submit resume/application and references to Dave Shelly, Creative Services Director, KFSM-TV, P.O. Box 369, Fort Smith, AR 72902, (479-783-3131) or email firstname.lastname@example.org