Fort Smith House Fire Hospitalizes 1

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

A man was sent to the hospital Tuesday night after the Fort Smith house he was in caught fire.

Emergency crews responded to a house fire on North D. Street, where they came across a man that had been house sitting. He was transported to a local hospital with smoke inhalation, authorities said.

Firefighters on scene said the fire started from a light fixture that overheated. The man at the home was able to put out the fire before crews arrived.

Fire crews estimate the damage at around $750. The home belongs to Nathan Young’s wife. He was killed earlier this year in a machete attack right across the street.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.